Sunday, January 5, 2014

Nesting?

I had a good Saturday this week. When John and Eric went down for a nap, I went out to run some errands. I went to Target with a gift card and spent a good hour+ leisure shopping. I don't get to do that very often so it was quite the treat. 

I got a little hook thingy to hang our keys: 

I got a magnetic mail organizer and schedule thing: 

I got a carseat for the other car for John ($40 bucks!) and a blanket and pillowcase for Jenna's room. We also did a few other things to Jenna's room in the last few weeks, but I'll probably put pictures of that up later. I think it looks great and I'm really excited for her to move in. 

After finishing my target trip, I went grocery shopping with a grocery list from this website: 

When I got back, I went to town using all those ingredients! I got a little too much, so I doubled up on a few and made 10 crock-pot meals. An hour was an optimistic estimate for an 8-month pregnant lady, but I was done and cleaned up within three hours. Here's the photographic evidence: 

Meat in bags: 
Completed meals: 
The mess afterward wasn't bad at all! Only 1 dirty pan, cutting board, strainer, a couple knives, and lots of trash/recycling. 
And here, friends, is what my freezer looks like now: 

Eric says I'm nesting. 








No comments:

Post a Comment