Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bible Story Time

This morning I set Audrey down in John's crib so that I could go grab him some clothes from the clean laundry baskets in the living room. 
When I came back, he had pulled the cushion off his chair and taken his Bible Story book off of his dresser and was "reading" her a Bible Story. He was probably sitting there reading to here for a good 3 or 4 minutes, which is about his attention span when I read him a story! 

I tried to record a video and of course he started moving around right away, but you can get the general idea here: 

In my mind, I always wonder whether or not he enjoys his Bible Story times or gets anything out of them this early. Watching him read to her convinced me that even if he doesn't understand everything yet, he is definitely enjoying the stories and at a minimum, learning the importance of the Bible and God's word. 

Side note: this morning while I was nursing Audrey in bed, he was pulling everything off my night stand and I was naming the different items as he rearranged them. When he picked up my Bible and I said "that's my Bible," he looked at me, set it down, and ran into his room. A minute later he came back with his Bible Story book and was all excited to sit next to us while I read him a story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment