Monday, January 26, 2015

Dictionary (according to a working mother of 2)


8:00 pm: when I am free to relax with no kids... but only after I clean the entire house, do all my lesson planning, and go back in JB's room roughly 15 times for requests covering all of, but not limited to the following:  water, book, light, door, diaper, medicine, fan, humidifier, blanket, song, prayer, animal, doll, etc. 

Bedtime: when we go to war with JB.

Coffee: when I hit 10:00 am and realize I'm addicted.

Dissapointment: when I set down the coffee I poured at 10:00 am and don't find it until noon, and it's cold. 

Excellent Christmas Present: when my husband buys me a coffee mug that keeps my coffee warm for 12 hours, so that no matter when I find it, it's still drinkable. 

Exhausted: when I fall asleep at 8:34 pm and sleep all night (for three days in a row). Also known as sick. 

Fertile: when I want to jump my husband all day long but abstain because 9 months is too soon for 3. 

Finished: when there are six full baskets of laundry downstairs, but they are all CLEAN and DRY. 

Gross: when no matter how hard I try, I still can't get the saliva, dirt, food, oil, bodily fluids, dog hair, and who knows what else off of AJ's Beanie Baby Bear because I can't get it away from her for long enough to put it in the washing machine. 

Helpful: when, after AJ spills, John helps me scrub the floor. Then he dumps out the rest of the bottle so that he can help me clean up again. 

Improvisation: when the copy machine is broken and my entire day of lesson plans changes in 2 minutes. 

Naptime: when I lock my toddler in his room and let him do whatever he wants for an hour and a half.

Productivity: when I get a whole basket of laundry folded before a single pile gets pulled off the table by a toddler.  

Teacher: when I can get 27 first graders to follow directions all day with no problem, but can't get my 2 year old to listen for more than 5 minutes without getting frustrated.

There are so many more I could add, but it's 9:00pm and I'm ready for bed! Maybe later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment