Saturday, April 20, 2013

Home Alone

Eric was gone this past weekend and I came to a few realizations about myself.
If I lived alone...
...my room would be at least as messy as April's room. (I had no motivation to keep my clean clothes off the floor if I knew I was going to be the only one stepping on them).
...I would rearrange the furniture every other day. (Eric was gone for two days and I rearranged twice. I just got bored so quickly!)
...I would eat Mac-n-cheese or cereal 80% of the time. (Cook a casserole for two and you only have to eat leftovers once. Cook a casserole for one and you'll be eating leftovers all week.)
...I would start a million projects and never finish them. (I always get these great ideas and get started with such enthusiasm and then get distracted and forget about them or get overwhelmed and avoid them. Usually I either finish them or quit and clean it up because I feel bad leaving xyz on the kitchen table when we should be eating there as a family.)
...I would probably become a hoarder. (I just think things are so cool and see so much potential in them! Eric just sees trash.)
...I would be an emotional wreck. (I know this is subjective to my current situation, but I was so lonely without him!)

Overall, my weekend home alone (with a baby and dog) made me realize that my husband makes me a much better person. I love that man more than I can put into words. I'm glad I get to live with him. The next time you come to our clean, organized, non-hoarder house, you'll know that even though I do my fair share of the cleaning, Eric is the one to thank.

No comments:

Post a Comment