Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Knocked-up: Round two

So, for anyone who didn't know, I'm pregnant again!! This kiddo is due sometime around the end of January, which means the baby and John will be about 20 months apart. We are so excited that our family is growing again and can't wait to meet this little one. Our lives are certainly going to change again! 
God has blessed us so much. I am constantly blown away by the miracle it is that there is a child growing and developing inside of me right now. How amazing is that? 
Unfotunately, there are some serious side effects that come along with growing a human. Since I haven't complained on my blog about the woes of womanhood in a few months, here are all of them at once. Yup, I've been writing them down :)


May 7: I was really tired today. That was the first sign that I was pregnant with John. Could I be pregnant? Too soon to test...
May 21: I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant, but I took a test today and got a very faint positive. That probably means yes. 
May 23: Yup. Preggers. 
May 24: Going camping this weekend. Good thing I'm not nauseous yet!
May 27: Headaches...I don't remember the headaches. Is this normal?
May 28: I am so tired. 
June 1: I think John is actually done breastfeeding. If I'm really convincing, I can get him to latch on and suck until one or two drops come out. Then he's done and just looks at me as though to ask "How long are you going to keep trying this?"
June 4: I met with the nurse today to make sure I'm preggo and run some blood tests. I got a prescription for "Zofran" because this is the week that the sick-so-bad-I-can't-drink-a-sip-of-water-without-throwing-up hit during the last pregnancy. It hasn't come yet, but I'm expecting it to arrive very soon. 
June 5: Getting ready to substitute teach this morning and what comes but the wonderful "morning" sickness! Good thing I got that prescription. I tested it out and it worked great today. 
June 6: I decided to try to go today without the Zofran just to make sure that I actually do have morning sickness and yesterday wasn't just a fluke. It wasn't. 
June 7: Found out I'm anemic. That explains the headaches. Iron supplements here I come! 
June 8: I've been having some crazy weird dreams lately. I even woke Eric up a few times by grabbing his arm in terror in the middle of the night. Good thing I don't remember them...
June 9: My boobs hurt. 
June 10: Nausea sucks. Why does part of "pain with childbearing" have to be feeling like there is a lump of throw up in my throat that constantly threatens to emerge if I don't hold it back?
June 11: Hung out with a few other ladies while Eric played ultimate. One of them is 22 weeks pregnant and still nauseous. They didn't know I was pregnant, so I kept it together, but just the idea of being sick that long made me want to hurl again. Good thing I had cheese, crackers, and summer sausage with to keep my stomach occupied. 
June 12: I actually feel pregnant. Maybe it's because I threw up this morning (despite the Zofran) or because I figured out my due date or something else, but I feel like there is something alive inside of me. It's exciting. Side note: Shiraz is a delicious restaurant. 
June 13: Went out with Eric on a date to celebrate our second kiddo. We thought about going bowling after supper, but decided on a movie instead when walking around made me feel sick. 
June 14: I've taken to using a chip-clip to plug my nose whenever I have to change John's diaper. He thinks it's hilarious. I think it's painful, but at least I don't puke while I change him! I have a stinky baby.
June 16: Throwing up is no fun. No fun at all. 
June 19: Is it ok that I just want to lay on the couch all day and do nothing? Every time I move I think I'm going to puke. 
June 20: So, last time around, I didn't get any prescription for my nausea because I was cooler than that. The doc recommended trying to take vitamin B and half a tab of Unisom (a sleep aid) to reduce nausea. I didn't very often because along with getting rid of nausea, it would also put me to sleep. Well, after barely sleeping for the last two nights, I decided to give it a try. I slept like a baby PLUS I didn't throw up once all day today! I may be less cool than last time, but at least I slept last night. 
June 22: My baby is the size of a plum. Crazy right? I can feel where my uterus ends when I poke it with my fingers. I realized that that uterus is going to be all the way up to my boobs soon enough. 
June 25: Nathan picked me up in Grand Rapids for our road trip today. I came prepared with saltines, a bowl, a water bottle, ginger ale, peppermint oil, and an assortment of vitamins and prescriptions for nausea. We'll see how this goes...
July 9: I made it through a two week road-trip vacation! Yes, I puked now and then, but I didn't die like I felt like I might when I thought about it beforehand. We got to tell most of our family (including Eric's parents) in person that we were having another kiddo, which is really nice. 
July 10: We got to hear the babies heartbeat today!! I also got my yoohoo checked out and the doctor confirmed that she thinks I'm right on my dates (as if I wasn't sure). She also told me to try to eat Lays potato chips in order to drive my thirst so I'll drink more. Dr. prescribed Potato Chips? I'll take it!
July 11: I tried the potato chip trick today. It totally works! I drank 3 full 8 ounce glasses of water while eating a small bowl of Lays. Considering that earlier today a single sip of water made me gag, I'd say it was a success. 
July 12: I just cried while listening to "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus because I felt bad for her feeling so uncomfortable and nervous in a new place... I must be pregnant.
July 15: I brought out the "Belly Band" today. I decided I shouldn't keep unbuttoning my pants every time I get nauseous or feel bloated... that MIGHT be inappropriate. 
July 16: I got a sudden, specific craving for deep fried mac-n-cheese bites. I haven't had those since I worked at K's in 2008. Where did that come from? Instead of special ordering from Colorado, I made a grilled cheese sandwich at 9:00 at night. 
July 17: I didn't take my nighttime nausea medication last night and I still haven't thrown up this morning. This is awesome! Maybe it was that late night grilled cheese sandwich.
July 17 pm: False alarm... I was super stoked thinking my nausea was beginning to fade, but it has returned with a vengence. I threw up three times just this afternoon/evening and could barely make it through changing John's diaper. 
July 18: Taquitos... yum. 
July 22: I haven't thrown up (or felt super nauseous) in two whole days!! Still haven't given up the anti-nausea methods, but I'm hopeful! I made it through a day at the beach and my first day babysitting all day. I even drank a normal person's amount of water and don't feel dehydrated! Downside...I think I'm getting a sore throat. 
July 23: Double down side. Sore throat came with a head cold. Darn this weakened immune system! An incredibly runny nose=snot dripping into my throat=nauseous. I'm not sure how sick I would be feeling if I were healthy, but I know this cold is not helping the situation. 
July 24: Holy Cow!! I just realized I'm officially in my second trimester! I threw up this morning, but it was only in response to a bad smell; I didn't feel nauseous all day! 
August 3: I only threw up once all last week! I was still taking my anti-nausea medicine, but that's still pretting impressive for this sicko mama. 
August 10: Ran out of Zofran today, so I'm quitting cold turkey (maybe). I've only taken nausea medication 3 or 4 times this week and it really hasn't been that bad. I even scooped dog poop without throwing up (yes, I had my nose plugged close with a clip the whole time, but still...)
August 11: I felt the baby move for the first time last night. It was amazing. Absolutely incredible. There is a complete living being inside of me. Right now this little life is dependent on me, but already moves independently. This little baby is a miracle for sure. 

Fun ways to announce my pregnancy:

1. John got a new shirt: 
2. The dogs have been doing some reading in preparation for the next few months:
3. 
4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment