Saturday, August 10, 2013

Opposites

Hard-Soft
Thick-Thin
Squished-Plump
Cold-Warm
Wet-Dry
Round-Flat
Putrid-Stagnant
Fresh-Stale
Decayed-New
Black-White
Green-Brown (not exactly opposite, but close enough)
Dense-Scattered
Chunky-Smooth
Bugfilled-Bugless
Burried-Prominent

Can you guess what I'm describing? 

If you don't want to be grossed out, stop reading now. 
Here it is: Dog Poop. 
How dog poop can take such extreme forms when they eat the exact same thing every day is beyond me. I guess we could blame it on the fact that some of it has been sitting in our yard for 2 weeks...

We went on vacation for a week. While we were gone, our dogs' bowels continued to function as usual. When we got back, neither of us were really excited about jumping on the pooper-scooper train, so it got pushed off for about another week. 

Well, the time finally came, and I did the deed. I plugged my nose with a clip, put on some rubber gloves, armed myself with a shovel, and scooped poop like I've never scooped poop before. I filled three Meijer bags with doo-doo. 

The good news: 1. I didn't throw up the whole time. 2. We now have a clean (and much more manageable) back yard. 3. Eventually, my kids will be old enough for me to pass this responsibility on to them. Muhahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment