Since Audrey was born, John has seemed like a giant. The past few days, he's not only seemed large in size, but he's seemed so grown up too. He has been repeating words like crazy. Usually when I ask John if he wants some grapes (or something else), he'll say "no" or "uh-huh." Today when I asked him if he wanted grapes he said "gay-pee." That's right, that's how my son says grape.
Earlier this week, I got a little potty for John. This morning I had to poop and he was demanding attention or entertainment, so I opened the box and took out the potty. John was thrilled and continually shouted "potty, potty, potty." I closed the door, took off his pants, and let him explore the properties of a potty while I enjoyed the properties of my potty.
He sat down right away and made a funny face. I think he might have been imitating me. Not cool.
The roof in our back room has been leaking all week and the front window just started dripping. While sitting on the toilet I heard some dripping. I was pretty upset that the bathroom was leaking because it's under the peak of our house, which means there's a major leak. I looked around to find the source, but couldn't find it. As I was doing this, John stood up, pointed behind him, and (even more excited than before) shouted "Potty!"
I took a little gander and, sure enough, there was a little quartersize puddle of pee AND a little terd in John's potty. This kid knows what he's doing. I was pretty excited and encouraging, so he sat back down and tried some more, but that's all we got. He was flexing his abs and making his funny faces the whole time.
Now that I've shared one of those stories he'll hate me for when he's older...
...the end.
(This is from February 21; I just never got around to posting it)
No comments:
Post a Comment