Wednesday, April 22, 2015

John-isms

"I getting married."

Past tense = did + present tense. For example: "The itsy bitsy spider did go up the water spout. Down came the rain and did wash the spider out. The sun did come out and he did go up again."

In preparation for his first movie night (Frozen), Eric told him to go get some movie pajamas. He came back with the bright pink hand-me-down pajamas from his cousin and said "They my Frozen jammies!"

Driving past Anna's Restaurant he said "It's the letter A!"

Eric was looking at an article with a picture of the king of Jordan, who was wearing a military uniform. John looked at the picture and said "It's a king." We tried for two minutes to figure out how he knew it was a king, but he just kept telling us it was a king. 

"Mommy, I need a fork to match my pancakes." (I give him an orange fork) "No Mommy. I need a black fork. My pancake is black." (And mom of the year award goes to..... Not the lady who burns her kids pancakes.)

"Mommy, I think your car a little dirty. Maybe we need to wash it. Maybe let's go to the car wash." (I blame Aunty April for this kid's love of the car wash. Also, he frequently cut's out the 'to be' verbs from his talking )

"This a girl coat" (while putting on his sister's purple coat) "I beautiful!" 

After telling John we were going to visit my friend. "I have friends. I have my own friends" (who are your friends buddy? "Corianna and Reagan and Uncle Nathan and Aunty Lauren and Oma and Opa and Great Grandma. They all my friends"

In the sweetest voice ever: "Mom, can you cuddle me and read me a story?"

"Audrey, don't throw your food, you will be hungry! Here, you throw Sam's food."

"Good night. I love you mommy-with-no-penis."

And there are too many more to ecen keep track. If only we had a record on this boy. 

1 comment:

  1. Corianna listed al the cousins as her friends "Just my friends are my cousins." That's ok guys, I don't have friends either, family first :).

    ReplyDelete