My baby sister is graduating high school today.
When I graduated from High School, my mom sent all of the pictures of me to my oldest sister, Anna. Anna compiled them into a scrapbook of my life, birth to high school graduation. I love that scrapbook. Eric has something similar. We also put together a photo album from our wedding/honeymoon. We have those three books sitting next to eachother and everyonce in a while, I pull them out and look through them, just to help me remember where we came from. The pictures bring back so many memories. The most important thing that scrapbook reminds me of is my roots, my faith, family, and friends. It grounds me.
I am not nearly as creative as Anna, but I wanted to try to do the same thing for April that she did for me. So, as a gift to her for graduation and a way for her to remember all the times that brought her here, mom and I decided to make her a photo book. I hope that it can ground her when she's homesick, confused, frustrated, or just in need of a walk down memory lane.
In order to maximize my coupons, I decided to make two (one for high school, one for before that). Here are the links so you can look at them too!
1995-2009 (Birth-8th grade)
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaMWzJu3csWztI&cid=SFLYOCWIDGET
2009-2013 (High School)
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0Absm7hw4Yt2jjI
Congratulations April! I am so proud of the beautiful, Godfearing, unique woman that you have become. You are incredibly talented and have learned much earlier than most that your life is not defined by those around you, but by you and your own choices. Thanks for being you. These books don't even come close to sharing all of the memories, love and, joy that we have shared. I love you so much and can't wait to see what God has in store for you.
Love your big sister,
Angela Faith
aww thanks Angela! Grandma and Grandpa are looking at them right now. :)
ReplyDelete