Thursday, May 2, 2013

Driver's Training

I remember driver's ed. It was one of the most boring classes I have ever taken.
Fortunately, I took driver's ed in a three-week intensive summer course with 4 other people from DeMotte (Lauren, Erin, Dean, and Ryan). Our parents took turns carpooling us to Valparaiso everyday, so we would all load into a vehicle, joke around, eat, talk, laugh, or "practice driving" for 45 minutes until we got to there. Then, we would continue to joke around, talk, or laugh for the rest of the morning while we were learning all about the rules and regulations of driving in Indiana.
Learning to drive with a friend was so much more enjoyable than doing it by myself. It helped me to keep my sanity when I rode with the crazy instructors: paranoid guy, the smoker, "key color" OCD guy, and of course, the lady. Friends make things more fun.

Today, John showed Brendan how to "drive" his car by walking behind it. Brendan loved this and went at it for the next 20 minutes or so.

Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyNY1wVjN1c

After a while, John got pretty sick of sharing and tried to commandeer his car by sitting on it. Brendan decided that he wanted to keep driving anyway! They learned that driving is more fun with a friend.

Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7TUn053lkE

I thought that would be the end of it, but pretty soon, they had switched places and John was pushing Brendan!

Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7KbkYLr7I

Sorry I didn't post the videos right on here, but I can't figure out how to do that on this iPad. Hope you enjoy watching these kiddos learn to drive! I sure did (although an hour and a half of following them around helping them turn did tire me out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment