Monday, March 4, 2013

Blogging huh?

After reading through every single blogpost from my two baby sisters, I decided that I should "blog."
When I mentally debated what I might blog about everything that popped into my mind had to do with being a mom, so here I am. It's alright with me if no one ever reads this; I think the process will be fun. Things I've wanted to share with people today, but had no outlet to do so:

1. Elijah brought in his adoption book, a scrapbook starting with "Once upon a time in China" and ending with him coming home to his forever family. I should do that when we adopt kids.
2. I had the most beautiful soundtrack today as I was laying on the floor pretending to be asleep. It consisted of excited baby words like haay, daga, boo, nala, and so many more. Every time I peeked out I got to see a beautiful 2.5 tooth smile. Then he stuck his finger up my nose.
3. Building things with letter blocks is therapeutic. Hearing John giggle when he knocks them down and says "boom" is even better.
4. I've been nursing for nine and a half months with a nipple shield. That was a solid $10 investment. I think we've saved hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on formula costs.
5. Sickness is no fun. My kiddo had a fever of 103.2 degrees last week. Now he has two fever blisters on his cheek/chin on the right side of his face. Poor kid is gonna have those for the rest of his life. I specifically remember having a cold-sore on my right nostril when we were on vacation visiting relatives when I was about eight years old. I was so embarrassed because the one time I got to see my cousins all year and I felt like there was a tumor growing out of my face. I passed on the prone-to-cold-sore gene, but I'll do my best to keep the embarrassed gene to myself and let him live in confidence.
6. I haven't menstruated since August of 2011. Yup, it's been more than a year and a half. That first one back is gonna be killer. I got some little cramps in my uterus the other day and couldn't figure out what in the world was wrong with me; I felt like I was dying. When I realized what they were, I went straight to the medicine cabinet. 800 mg of Ibuprofen later I was feeling like a champ.
7. Today I was sitting on the floor eating pita and hummus with my baby (and Sam the Wonderdog ready to clean up any mess) thinking "This is the life."

As you can tell, I'm a pretty blessed lady. My family consists of a loving and hardworking husband, an energetic and inquisitive baby boy, a loyal and patient dog, and me. We have a house, food, job(s), and more than we could possibly ask for. Most importantly, we have love, guidance, protection, and mercy from the greatest being in the universe (the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).
We'll see what happens in this pleasant place of pensive pondering.
-Angela Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment