WARNING! This post may be too graphic for young children or persons of the male persuasion
I have gone months, if not years without riding a bike, but everytime I get on, some how it just comes naturally. My feet hit the pedals, my body automatically balances itself out, and everything just seems to flow.
I remember the most important parts of riding a bike, but somehow I forget the feelings that come with it.
I forget how amazing the breeze feels against my face.
I forget the exhileration of riding down a hill and not being able to stop.
I forget the freedom I feel when I ride with no hands.
I forget that after a while you get pretty tired.
I got pregnant in August of 2011. My son was born in May of 2012 and I have been breastfeeding him since then. It is now March of 2013.
I have gone for over a year and a half without menstruating, but now its back and somehow it just comes naturally, although not nearly as welcome as riding a bike. My cramps hit my uterus, my body tries to balance itself out, and everything just seems to flow. This type of flow, however, is NOTHING like the natural flow of riding a bike.
I remember the most important parts of menstrating (I can still put a tampon in just fine. I know the two positions I can sleep in without making a mess in the bed), but somehow I forgot the feelings that come with it.
I forgot the feeling that I'm about to shit myself everytime I wear a tampon.
I forget the incredible fear of public embarrasment that overwhelms me everytime a drip of sweat runs near my backside and I can't stop it.
I forgot how food is so appealing, but never gets rid of those cramps, no matter how much I eat.
I forgot that after four days and thinking I'm almost done, I get the worst cramps of my life and feel like an invalid for another afternoon.
In case I forgot that part of being a woman means I still have a uterus, I can always count on my once-again-monthly cycle to remind me.
Lol. Ugh! I'm so sorry for you! Nice comparison with bike riding tho...never would have thought o that one. I hope it's over soon and you can find some way to control or lesson those miserable cramps next month. :-(
ReplyDelete