Love from a son to his father...
Tonight Eric was sleeping on the mattress in John's room while I got John ready for bed. Every time he could wiggle free, John would crawl straight over to Eric, put his little hands on Eric's back or head, and say "dadadadadada."
When it was time to read his story, John crawled with the book (not an easy thing to do) onto the mattress right by Eric's head. Eric read him his story and then I got ready to nurse him. Eric kissed him on the forhead and said "Goodnight John, I love you."
John stopped nursing, looked straight up at Eric and gave him a HUGE smile, then he put his hand up next to his big smile and waved bu-bye. His little eyes followed Eric as he turned out the light, walked out of the room, and closed the door. Once it was dark, rather than going right back to eating, John stared at the door and quietly wispered "dadadadadada" to himself.
It was such a beautiful way of saying "I love you Dad" in the best way a ten month old can. It almost brought tears to my eyes. If I wasn't already sure of it, I now know that John loves his daddy.
Eric and John taking a nap (2013 Jan 01)
Eric teaching John to drive (2013 Jan 04)
I took the bottom picture :) Also...your blog is a great way to get through the night class. I'm glad i now know that it exists!
ReplyDelete